Concord Education Fund Announces 2016 Grant Awards
Challenge Kits, Audiobooks, Mindfulness, Filmmaking & a Weather Balloon!
The Concord Education Fund, (CEF), an independent organization supporting the pursuit of excellence in the Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle High School, has announced grant recipients for 2016-2017.
This year saw a record number of grant applications originating from every Concord public school and Concord-Carlisle High School (CCHS), with funding being awarded to grants that will benefit students at every age level and in a variety of academic areas. Highlights include:
- Challenge Kits from the Museum of Science to complement elementary school work in units focusing on Earth & Space and Earth Science & Engineering
- New Audiobooks and Interactive eBooks to support young ELL and SPED students
- Mindfulness practices currently introduced and developed in elementary school extended to middle school
- Tablets and online resources to help CMS students master Chinese characters
- Sophisticated camera and sound equipment to support a new CCHS course in advanced filmmaking
- A STEM Weather Balloon able to report weather data, video, and GPS coordinates from the stratosphere!
- Equipment required for the establishment of a new Percussion Ensemble that will provide students across both CPS and CCRSD with a unique opportunity to perform
According to CEF co-president Judy Vaughn, “This year we had the luxury to fund 17 grants due entirely to the generosity of our contributors. We’re very grateful for the donations we receive from both individual families, as well as corporate and foundation partners. By supporting the Ed Fund, they know they are supporting the incredible commitment and creativity of our teachers clearly evident in this year’s grant cycle. Fellow co-president Tracey Marano added, “It’s always rewarding to help our teachers to realize their visions. We encourage all CPS and CCHS educators to learn more about our grant criteria and work with us to transform their ideas into reality.”
Want to stay updated on the latest from CEF? Subscribe to our our Mailing List.